Buckingham Township is a township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 20,075 at the 2010 census. Buckingham takes its name from Buckingham in Buckinghamshire, England. Buckingham Township was once known as Greenville and was once the historic county seat of the English Bucks County. In Buckingham and the Buckingham area, there are many important yet little known historical landmarks. One is Bogarts Tavern (now the General Greene Inn), on the corner of Route 413 (Durham Road) and Route 263 (Old York Road). It was from this building that General Nathanael Greene, commander of George Washington’s left wing during the Battle of Trenton, made his headquarters during the winter of 1776. The Buckingham Friends Meeting House, Byecroft Farm Complex, Forest Grove Historic District, Thomas and Lydia Gilbert Farm, Holicong Village Historic District, Longland, Mechanicsville Village Historic District, Spring Valley Historic District, and Wycombe Village Historic District are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Buckingham Friends Meeting House is also designated a National Historic Landmark District.
wikipedia.orgRead More ▾
Percentage change from latest quarter vs same time period previous year
Public & Private Institutions Of Learning
Education is provided by public, private and home schools. State governments set overall educational standards, often mandate standardized tests for K–12 public school systems and supervise, usually through a board of regents, state colleges, and universities. Funding comes from the state, local, and federal government. Private schools are generally free to determine their own curriculum and staffing policies, with voluntary accreditation available through independent regional accreditation authorities, although some state regulation can apply.