Buckingham Township is a township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 20,075 at the 2010 census. Buckingham takes its name from Buckingham in Buckinghamshire, England. Buckingham Township was once known as Greenville and was once the historic county seat of the English Bucks County. In Buckingham and the Buckingham area, there are many important yet little known historical landmarks. One is Bogarts Tavern (now the General Greene Inn), on the corner of Route 413 (Durham Road) and Route 263 (Old York Road). It was from this building that General Nathanael Greene, commander of George Washington’s left wing during the Battle of Trenton, made his headquarters during the winter of 1776. The Buckingham Friends Meeting House, Byecroft Farm Complex, Forest Grove Historic District, Thomas and Lydia Gilbert Farm, Holicong Village Historic District, Longland, Mechanicsville Village Historic District, Spring Valley Historic District, and Wycombe Village Historic District are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Buckingham Friends Meeting House is also designated a National Historic Landmark District.
The median income for a household in the township was $82,376, and the median income for a family was $90,968. Males had a median income of $71,649 versus $42,973 for females. The per capita income for the township was $35,735. About 2.4% of families and 4.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.4% of those under age 18 and 2.3% of those age 65 or over.